Do you consider yourself an expert at Hiking, Backpacking & Camping? Do you spend more time in the great outdoors than you do with your family? Do your friends constantly come to you as their first port of call for all things camping-related? And do you love writing and blogging?
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on.
About Scane Media and My Open Country
We’re Scane Media, a media company that runs a number of publishing websites. We’re looking for a content researcher and writer who can help us expand our Outdoor websites, principally My Open Country.
We’re making a big push to ensure that the site has a bright and promising future, and you’ll be a huge part of making that happen. Thanks to the quality of our publishing, My Open Country has already been featured by leading publications and outdoors brands worldwide, including KOA, Wikihow, PBS, How Stuff Works, Bustle, Popular Mechanics, Outside Online, Nature, Space, Xero Shoes, The Trek amongst others!!
This is an exciting opportunity for you to write about the thing you love most—Hiking, Camping & Backpacking! Whether you’re a hobbyist or consider yourself a pro on the topic, we want you to write for us. You’ll be covering a wide range of topics, including the wider outdoor genre in general.
For this, we need a true expert—no fakers here, please! If you don’t truly have a passion for hiking, camping & backpacking, it’s not going to work, I’m afraid.
Still reading? Great!
So, what’s in it for you? Not only do you get to make money from your passion, but you’ll also be part of a wider team that are driven to grow the site further. We’ll give you a consistent, flexible flow of work alongside world-class editorial tools to ensure you’re able to produce the very best content with minimal bottlenecks.
We’re aiming to publish at least 100k/words a month of new content so you’ll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
- Excellent English writing skills
- Great researcher
- Must have at least 2+ years of writing experience
- Must have writing samples
- Works independently with quality results
- Go-getter attitude
- Extremely reliable and resourceful
- Positive, no-excuse attitude
- Pays close attention to detail
- Inquisitive & excited to learn
About the Position
- Write engaging & well-researched articles
- Rewrite/update existing articles
- Competitive rates
- Consistent workload every week
- Flexible deadlines & working hours/location
- Will pay on a monthly basis
- We pay bonuses for great work
- We give pay increases based on performance
- Starting wage of $0.04-0.06c/word (dependent on experience)
- Expected wordcount delivery of 25-50k words/month
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email with the subject line: Brian’s Rockstar Writer to [email protected]
Please include your resume as an attachment
Closing date for applications: midnight (PST) Sunday 7th Nov 2021
Congratulations, you made it to the end! So what are you waiting for?
Please email me: [email protected]