How To Choose The Best Shower Tent
What qualities make up the best shower tent for camping? Like anything else in the world, it’s really up to individual preference and what you’re looking to get out of your portable toilet tent or pop-up shower. Before even considering a purchase, it’s essential to ask yourself some key questions.
- Will I need my tent to have more than one purpose?
- How important is budget to me?
- How many people will need to use the tent at any given time?
- How adept am I at setting up and taking down tents?
Keep these questions in mind as you peruse available options, and they will help you determine the best shower tent for you!
Easy To Set Up
This is especially important if you are planning to move from campsite to campsite. You don’t want a camping toilet tent that you need to wrestle with, especially when you’re tired from a day of outdoor adventure.
Some of the best shower tents are ones that spring into action, ready to be used. You don’t need to play around with tethering it to the ground or wrestling with support poles. The set up can be done in a matter of minutes.
We all know that the shower and bathroom are private places, which is why some of the best shower tents are made out of opaque material that ensures that you can do your business without flashing the world. Privacy is especially important if you want your tent to double as a porta-potty tent.
Most tents are built for privacy, with opaque material and windows that can zip closed for the ultimate showering experience. The only caveat is that you should make sure that your shower tent is adequately ventilated to avoid overheating or trapping unpleasant smells within its confines.
If you want to make sure that your camping shower enclosure is the most comfortable it can be, make sure that you choose a shower tent that is adequately ventilated. These tents can get reasonably steamy, so having a window that zips open is a definite must, especially if multiple people are using the tent.
As necessary as ventilation is for pop up shower tents, it’s even more critical if your tent is going to double as a bathroom. Without proper ventilation, your tent can soak up toilet smells and become a stinky hot box that nobody wants to use. Just like at home, you need to crack a window!
If you want your shower tent to do double-duty as a portable toilet tent, you should look for one with removable floors. The floor will keep your feet nice and clean while you are taking your morning shower but can come out when you need to do your intimate business.
Most of these tents have floors that will easily unzip, so you can use the shelter as a shower during the morning and convert it to a toilet later on. These types of tents alleviate the problem of having to use the bathroom in the woods, provides privacy and acts as a multi-use area that covers all of the bases.
A Larger Size For Multiple People
Some of the best shower tents come in larger sizes, which is appropriate if you have multiple people showering. With larger sizes, people of all builds can get the hot shower that they crave in the morning without needing to stoop or squeeze in.
Some pop-up shower tents are even large enough for two people to shower at the same time (we are not judging!), so you can minimize your water usage while still having your morning shower time.
Multi-Room Shower Tents
Welcome to the BMW of shower tents! Multi-room shower tents are ideal for those who don’t want their towel or clothes to get wet while they are cleaning themselves off. These tents come with two separate rooms, one for showering and one for changing.
There’s another advantage to having a multi-room shower tent as well. If you want to use your tent for quickly getting changed, it’s nice to have a dry spot to do so without having to step on the wet floor where someone previously took a shower. Additionally, these types of tents offer the option of allowing one person to shower while the other changes, both in total privacy!
Tents With Hooks To Hang Your Towel Or Clothes
It might seem like a small thing, but anyone who has ever had to “dry off” with a soaking wet towel knows the importance of a hook to hang up your clothes and towel. Many of the best shower tents have this feature built right into them, allowing you to keep your things high and dry as you shower off.
The hooks can also be used to dry clothes, like wet bathing suits, without having to expose them to nature. There’s a ton of ways that they can come in handy.
There are a plethora of available shower tents out there for just about every budget, but it’s certainly something that you should still keep in mind. What you are logically able to spend will narrow down your choices.
Think about what’s important to you, and go from there. Your top attributes will shape the sort of tent you’ll look for, and you should be able to find one that fits right into your budget. Shower tents can start around $30 and work their way up to several hundred.
These are the key aspects to look for in your personal best shower tent. Keep them in mind while reading our reviews.
The Best Shower Tents- The Results
Ozark Trail 2-Room 7′ x 3.5′ Instant Shower/Utility Shelter
The Ozark Trail 2-Room Instant Shower/Utility Shelter delivers on a lot of fronts. It doubles as both a shower and changing room/porta-potty area and is exceptionally roomy. At seven feet long by three and a half feet deep, with a seven-foot ceiling, this model is spacious and comfortable. There are places to hang up your towel and clothes, and set-up only takes a matter of seconds. It’s also highly ventilated, so it won’t get stinky or over-heated while you’re running the water.
Its walls are coated in silver aluminum, designed to resist smelly microbes, and the shower itself holds up to five gallons of water, making this model a family-friendly choice that will ensure that everyone gets a comfortable shower.
On the other hand, this model is a deluxe shower tent, so it’s not as easy to carry around as some of the others, and it must be fully staked down to avoid blowing away. Other than that, the Ozark Trail is a gem. It’s great for family camping and surprisingly easy to set up.
- It is effortless to set up.
- Two people can change and shower simultaneously.
- Ample ventilation means that this tent won’t get stinky.
- It needs to be tethered, or it will become unstable.
- Some pooling might occur in the shower area.Bottom-Line: this roomy model is great for families or big groups of people, and it provides you with all of the comforts of home right from your campsite.
KingCamp 2-Room Shower Tent – best shower tent – B07CMS3X2LKingCamp Oversize Outdoor Easy Up Portable Dressing Changing Room Shower Privacy Shelter Tent, COFFEE
- Multi purpose: Changing room, camp restroom, shower tent, portable toilet…
- Large size: 85 × 66 × 66 inches, taller and wider, roomy for two adults;…
- Set up: free standing with fiberglass poles, sturdier ; ropes and pegs for…
- Pockets detail: 1 inside pocket with 4 compartments for small items, 1…
- Great ventilation: a large zippered entry door provides easy access, two…
There are plenty of fantastic options out there, but our title of best shower tent has to go to the incomparable KingCamp 2-Room Shower Tent. This tent has it all; two large rooms for changing and showering, an easy set-up, and is made out of sturdy polyester so it won’t rip or tear. The floor is made out of mesh so that you won’t experience any water pooling. It’s also totally ventilated, has hooks for your clothes and towel, and can convert into a changing room, shower, or portable toilet as your needs dictate.
While it’s tough to come up with any cons to this great product, it is a little bit on the heavier side at thirteen pounds. Also, it’s not the most budget-friendly option in the market. Still, we love this product and are sure that you will too!Bottom-Line: the size, versatility, and ease of set-up of the KingCamp 2-Room Shower Tent make this one a winner in our book and the number one Shower Tent on the market!
GigaTent The Stinky Pete Toilet/Changing RoomGigaTent The Stinky Pete Toilet/Changing Room
- Can be used as a shower or toilet enclosure or as a portable changing room
- A self draining floor allows water to run off and a mesh ceiling provides…
- There is a large window in the back wall for added airflow
This versatile product is budget-friendly and doubles as a shower and toilet. It is self-draining, so no water pools at the bottom after the shower is over, and there’s a ventilated ceiling so it won’t live up to its name, Stinky Pete, after either a hot shower or a session in the toilet.
At four-feet by four-feet & 90-inches of headroom, this tent is not the largest one on the market, but it will do the job. It also comes with a rain fly to protect against inclement weather and keep you nice and dry while you’re doing your business inside.
Although the GigaTent is undoubtedly portable and comfortable enough to set up, some users have experienced problems with the fiberglass poles used to secure the tent in place. They can be finicky, break, or lead to other malfunctions. The shelter can also be a bit on the cramped side.
- Thanks to proper ventilation, this tent doesn’t smell.
- The floor of the shower is self-draining.
- It is light and portable.
- Poles can be tricky and may occasionally break.
- Some users might find it cramped.Bottom-Line: budget campers with experience setting up tents will love this one for its low cost and ease of transport.
Nemo Heliopolis Portable Shower Tent and Privacy ShelterNemo Heliopolis Portable Shower Tent and Privacy Shelter
- PORTABLE LUXURY – With its lofty 7-foot ceiling and spacious interior, the…
- MAXIMUM UTILITY – Designed to be as functional as your bathroom at home,…
- CLEAN & VENTILATED – A rugged mesh drain and PE floor ensure a clean and…
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – This shelter is built to last; With its steel frame,…
- PRIVACY ANYWHERE – Weighing 12 lbs 6 oz, the frame, tent, stakes, and…
This Nemo model is built to give you enough space to do your business comfortably. It is seven feet tall and can be easily modified to act as a porta-potty, shower, or changing room. It also has plenty of hooks for your towels and clothes, so you don’t have to worry about your things dragging on the floor. It even has a waterproof toilet paper dispenser.
At twelve pounds, six ounces, this tent is a little bit on the heavier side, but the frame, stakes, and tent itself all roll up into a space that’s a hair over ten inches long, so it really won’t take up too much space in your car.
While this model is spacious and designed to give you all of the comforts of home, it’s relatively heavy and requires a lot of technical work to get it set up. You need to nail in multiple stakes and set it up just right so it won’t blow away.
- It has hooks and a toilet paper dispenser.
- It’s spacious, so anyone can use it comfortably.
- This tent is multi-purpose.
- It’s on the heavier side.
- This model requires a lot of set-up.Bottom-Line: if you’re looking for all of the comforts of home, look no further than this great option from Nemo- the last word in camping luxury!
WolfWise Pop-up Shower TentWolfWise Dressing Tent Shower Privacy Portable Camping Beach Toilet Pop Up Tents Changing Room Outdoor Backpack Shelter Blue
- POP UP DESIGN & PORTABILITY – Pops up and folds down in seconds, no…
- UPF 50+ & WATER REPELLENT – The water repellent polyester with taped seams…
- STRUCTURAL FEATURES – The tent is made of anti-tear 190T polyester for…
- SPACIOUS SPACE & VENTILATION – The tent is 47.2″ L x 47.2″ W x 74.8″ H…
- VERSATILITY – WolfWise shower tent offers a private space for using the…
This WolfWise tent is super easy to assemble, and you don’t have to play around with any poles or tethers to make it work. All you need to do is pull on the top of the folded tent, then fan it out, so it pops open. To close the tent, you’ll need to refold it neatly into its original shape. Since the framework is already inside, you don’t need to fold or stuff the tent into shape. It does it naturally.
This model is also lightweight and portable, with an adequately ventilated area that makes it the best budget shower tent in our book! Even though it’s lightweight and compact, it’s still very durable, and the anti-tear polyester is designed to last.
There’s not much we can say about the cons of the WolfWise Pop-up Shower Tent. It is easily one of the best options out there if you are looking to save a little bit of money. It’s not as roomy as some of the other options, and it does not come with shower hooks, although there is a waterproof bag for your clothes.
- It is straightforward to set up.
- This shower tent is exceptionally lightweight.
- This model is both durable and waterproof.
- It is on the smaller side.
- There are no hooks for your clothes.Bottom-Line: this is the best budget shower tent on the market, and since it’s easy to assemble, just about anyone to set it up.
KingCamp Oversize Toilet TentKingCamp Oversize Outdoor Easy Up Portable Dressing Changing Room Shower Privacy Shelter Tent (Grey Advanced)
- QUICK SET UP: Please check the installation video on the page before…
- SPACIOUS: The size (66 × 66 × 85 inches) is large enough for two adults;…
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: Around of the floor is made of mesh fabric, which is…
- MESH STORAGE POCKETS: 1 inside pocket with 4 compartments for small items…
- MULTIPURPOSE: Changing room, camp restroom, camp shower storage, portable…
KingCamp is known for its excellent products, and their Oversize Toilet Tent is no exception. This model is exceptionally roomy and made out of sturdy polyester. It’s easy to install and is reasonably portable. If you are looking for a tent that does exactly what it advertises, KingCamp Oversize Toilet Tent is the one for you.
Although the tent is sturdy, the material is slightly see-through if you’re doing your business at night with a light on. It can also be a little unstable in the face of inclement weather. Still, this tent is a reliable option for most campers and will not let you down.
- This model is straightforward to set up.
- It is made out of sturdy polyester.
- It’s roomy for you to go in comfort.
- The material is not entirely opaque.
- It might not stand up to bad weather.Bottom-Line: this tent will allow you to get the job done in a roomy, waterproof place that is relatively private and safe from the elements.