To select just one fan as the best fan for camping, we recommend the Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Floor Fan. It has a good number of features that allow it to hold up well to the outdoors. For one thing, it has anti-slip rubber feet so it won’t fall over in the tent. The metal frame is durable, and it is overall resistant to some water exposure.
As for the airflow, it may not offer the widest of coverage, but it provides a powerful enough breeze that can satisfy individuals in a small or medium-sized tent. It charges well, holds a battery life that can last days, and the fan is adjustable 120-degrees. This fan even has a USB port to charge devices.
How to Choose the Portable Fan For Camping
Looking for a Great Tent Fan for Camping?
You’re in the right place! In this guide, we will be covering the following:
- Why you need a camping fan
- What you should consider when buying.
- Reviews of the top 5 tent fans on the market
- Our unbiased view on the best fan for camping
When you’re camping during warmer or outright hot weather, a muggy tent can ruin the otherwise enjoyable camping experience. Sometimes, the windows and ventilation system in the tent just doesn’t cut it. That’s where a tent fan comes in.
If you need some help finding the best camping fan, then reading our reviews of our recommended top five products should give you a better idea. We’ve considered the benefits of each product as well as some of their drawbacks to provide you with an overview of which fans perform best for any given situation. However, before we get into the reviews, let’s go over what to look for in a tent fan, which features are essential, and other useful details.
The Best Camping Fans – Aspects and Features to Consider
When you’re deciding what to bring with you on a camping trip, if you know the weather’s going to get hot, a camping fan may be a great inclusion on the list. Finding the best camping fan isn’t always easy, so we put together some features you should consider when shopping for one. This includes type, size, the power behind it, durability, and more.
Types of Tent Fans for Camping: Hanging or Stand-Up?
When it comes to camp fans to use on your camping trip, there are two main types to choose from: hanging and stand-up. Which type you decide to get depends mainly on how you plan to use it.
For starters, hanging fans act similar to ceiling fans. These tend to work well in larger tents with an open plan inside. This is because by having the fan hanging, air is circulated from above, which allows the coolness to reach a wider area of the tent. Take caution, however, as this type doesn’t work well in all shelters. Depending on the strength of your tent, make sure to choose one that isn’t liable to be so heavy to cause it to collapse inwards.
As for stand-up tent fans, they usually have a broad base so that you can set it up anywhere you need it to be. It’s quicker to install than a hanging fan due to their simplistic nature. On the other hand, they don’t circulate as well as hanging fans as they generally send cool air in a single direction. It can take some time for a stand-up fan to circulate throughout the entire tent.
Power Source: AC or Battery Operated Fans for Camping
Tent fans are typically powered using an AC adapter or batteries. There are even some that can be used both ways. With an AC adapter, you may benefit using it if you’re looking for an extended camp stay. Although, it’ll only work if there’s electricity at your campsite or you have brought a generator (or some other power supply). If you have a tent with electrical port access, you can use it to supply power to your fan.
As such, it is more common to find camping tent fans powered using batteries than with an AC adapter. Most of them can last for a few hours, but if you’re planning on an extended stay, then you’ll be better off bringing a good amount of replacement batteries.
The Importance of Size
Deciding on size may be based on the type of tent you have and how much it can handle. For example, if you have a smaller or average-sized tent and decide on a hanging fan, then you want something smaller that doesn’t weigh much. They’re naturally bulky, so focus more on the weight to make sure it doesn’t collapse the tent.
If you have a backpacking tent, then it’ll serve you best to go smaller. This way, you aren’t weighed down by carrying the tent, the fan, and other accessories. Stand-up fans may be better in this case. Always check on the type of shelter you have when determining what size fan to go for.
Camping can be a rough experience, so you want a tent fan that can withstand a lot of the hardships that comes with the outdoors. If it breaks down on a hot night, your otherwise fun camping trip can take a stuffy and uncomfortable turn. So, you need a tent fan made from quality materials.
The noise coming from a tent fan can vary just like any other type of fan. More than likely, you’ll use your fan as you sleep. If noise is not a factor, then you can purchase any tent fan that suits your needs. If however, you are a light sleeper and any noise will likely disturb you, then you may consider opting for a fan with plastic blades. These are generally quieter than metal bladed models.
Another thing to look for that can affect the noise is the speed of the fan. Higher speeds usually mean more noise. There are multi-speed fans that allow you to adjust according to your needs. These can be preferable to give you more control over the noise as well.
Some tent fans are designed with additional accessories that can make them more enjoyable to use. For one thing, some have built-in lighting that can enhance your nighttime use. Other fans are designed with USB ports. Some of the ports can be used to recharge the fan, while others can be used to recharge your own devices such as a smartphone. It isn’t necessary for a tent fan to have these accessories, but you can consider them concerning your personal needs.
Best Fans for Camping: The Results
Image Portable LED Camping Lantern with Ceiling Fan
- Why you need this great camping gear: Spending a night outdoors is something…
- Versatile light/fan: Ultra Bright 18 individual low powered LED bulbs. The fan…
- Powerful fan speed and bright lifhting: High quality brushless motor for whisper…
- The extremely lightweight build allows you to take your lantern on the go with…
- Light up to 37 hours of regular, continuous use with enough battery capacity. 2…
Image Portable LED Camping Lantern with Ceiling Fan is a versatile tent fan that can satisfy more than one need. For one thing, the fan has two speeds to choose from: high and low. You can adjust according to what you need at the time, and on low-speed, it makes a minimum amount of noise as to not disrupt your sleep.
In addition to that, the fan is made with LED lens to provide lighting at night. It has a 360-degree adjustable lens so that you can change the angle of the light to suit your purposes. More so, it does well at lighting up an entire small or medium-sized tent.
This fan features a hook on the top. As such, it is a hanging-style tent that can push a decent amount of air around. A D battery powers this, and one is known to last more than 15 hours in high-speed and approximately 20 hours with the light. It doesn’t come with a battery, so you must purchase one before use.
- LED lights up tent well
- Hooks on easily enough
- Long-lasting batteries
- Fan could do with more power
- Plastic frame is a bit weak
OPOLAR Battery Operated Rechargeable Fan
- 🍇【POWERFUL WIND AND QUIETNESS】 The maximum rotating speed of the fan is…
- 🍇【3-13 WORKING HOURS AND ADJUSTABLE 3 SPEEDS】The outdoor fan operates…
- 🍇【PORTABLE AND COMPACT】 It is trouble-free to put this small (4.1×1.6 X…
- 🍇【SIDE AND INTERNAL LED LIGHT】 The blue internal LED lights infused in…
- 🍇【USB POWERED FAN 】 This fan runs on 5 volts DC, which is the USB…
OPOLAR Battery Operated Rechargeable Fan is designed with multiple power supply options for a good amount of power versatility. You can allow it to run on Li-ion batteries that can give you more than six hours of runtime. If you have a computer, you can connect to it using the USB port. This can even be powered using a wall adapter.
For those looking for something quiet, even with the metal frame, this makes a minimal amount of noise. It allows you to rest in relative peace as it’s noted to make a noise that is less than 40dB. This is most ideal for those of you who may be light sleepers.
You can adjust the frame up and down by 360-degrees. This allows you to better control the wind direction to match your position. It doesn’t cover the entire tent, however, but it is ideal for use as a personal fan.
- Recharges in around two hours or less
- Light in weight to make traveling with it easier
- Frame can be adjusted 360-degrees
- Can rattle or vibrate and make a bit of noise
- Not ideal for full tent room coverage
O2COOL 10-inch Portable Camping Fan
- PERFECT OUTDOOR REFRESHMENT: Keep yourself cool with this convenient travel fan…
- A POWERFUL 2 SPEED COOLING SYSTEM: Choose between two speeds to get moderate or…
- CONVENIENT DESIGN FOR EASY TRAVEL: The fan itself becomes its own carrying case…
- ADJUSTABLE LED LIGHTS: Use the fan for your own personal lighting station…
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOR ANY LOCATION: The fan comes with an AC adapter port so in…
With the O2COOL 10-inch Portable Camping Fan, you have something that is compact, which may be perfect for use in a backpacking tent. There is still enough weight to it though that you won’t have to worry about it falling over while it’s in use. To make traveling with it more manageable, it comes with a built-in carry handle.
The fan has two speeds, high and low, which are easy enough to adjust. The blade design is intended to be energy efficient so that you can extend the battery life. It does require six batteries to run. However, if you run out, it is designed to be used with a power adapter that, unfortunately, does not come with the product.
This is another tent fan with the added accessory of having LED lights. There are three settings on it: high, low, and nightlight. These lights are also able to rotate so that you can have options in how you illuminate your tent.
- Batteries last for a long time
- Has a good amount of weight as not to fall over
- LED light with adjustable settings
- Doesn’t have that much power
- Requires a good deal of batteries to function
Comlife Battery Operated Clip On Portable Fan
- 【Long Time Operation】Built-in 5000 mAh large capacity rechargeable batteries…
- 【Multi-functional Fan】 It’s a combo of desktop fan, clip on fan, aroma…
- 【Powerful & Quiet】 High quality brushless motor, max wind speed 10.5ft/s,…
- 【Power Bank Function】 5V/1A USB output port on the clamp makes the mini fan…
- 【Multiple Power Supply Options】 The fan works well with battery or USB power…
Using the Comlife Battery Operated Clip-On Portable Fan, you can have a versatile machine that can do more than keep you fresh. With its USB port, you can charge up some of your devices such as your cell phone while you relax in your tent. This is done by using the fan’s power source.
Concerning the power to the fan, it’s battery-operated and rechargeable. You can even use the USB connection to hook up to a computer and recharge that way. Depending on how much you use it for, the fan can provide over six hours of working life. However, the more you use it for other things, the more frequently you may have to recharge or replace the batteries.
It utilizes a brushless motor that offers high speeds at a low noise level. As for where you can use it, it has a clip-on design so that you can position it however you need it. It has 360-degree rotation both vertically and horizontally. Also, you can even use it as an aroma fan if need be.
- Highly portable and travel-friendly
- Versatility in its placement
- Offers a decently powered breeze
- Batteries don’t last very long
- Cover for the battery compartment can fall off
Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Floor Fan
Best Tent Fan
- ✔ Dare to Be Different: The stable fan structure based on aerodynamic and the…
- ✔ High Quality Battery: Our battery fan has built in the 12000mAh battery…
- ✔ Ideal for Outdoor: This rechargeable floor fan can run up to 20 hours after…
- ✔ Suitable for Indoor: This floor fan adopts the upgraded pitched propeller…
- ✔ High Quality and Service: Sturdy metal frame and blade, durable paint…
Geek Aire Rechargeable Outdoor Floor Fan is rechargeable and runs on Li-ion batteries. The runtime of the batteries depend on use, but it can last more than a day without using the highest speed. It comes along with a 24V power charger. Also, it features a USB port you can use to charge cell phones and other devices.
There is only a single knob to control the fan, but it’s easy enough to use. For adjustability, the fan is designed to angle 120-degrees at a tilt. So that you don’t have to worry about it falling, it features anti-slip rubber feet.
Concerning airflow, it can deliver high-performance, optimal in small or medium-sized tents. There is an LED battery gauge indicator so that you’re always aware if you need to recharge. Also, the fan is designed explicitly rugged for outdoor use, and it even holds up well against water if it’s ever exposed.
- Easy-to-see battery life indicator
- Has decent water-resistance
- Battery can last up to two nights on medium speed
- Could do with an alternate charging option
- Top-speed isn’t as powerful as expected
Related Camping Articles
If you enjoyed our article on camping tent fans, then you may also want to check out our reviews on:
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API